|How to turn off double tap on back of iPhone
4 Steps on How to Turn Off Double Tap on Back of iPhone
For all of you, Apple’s device users, you guys should know that Apple has inserted several features that are visual or hearing impairment friendly.
Don’t know which features? One of them is VoiceOver, this app helps those with visual impairments to be able to know the items on the screen by audio description.
Although it’s for a good purpose, there is a small condition that makes it annoying.
You see by enabling VoiceOverm, the single tap for interacting with your iPhone will be replaced with a double-tap. So, if you want to disable the double-tap, you should disable VoiceOver first.
Read More: How to Turn Off Siri Announcing Messages
Steps on How to Turn Off Double Tap on Back of iPhone
There are 4 simple and easy ways to turn off the double-tap, here are those steps.
- On your device’s home screen, touch the “Settings.”
- Select “General,” => tap the “Accessibility” option.
- Touch “VoiceOver,” => move the slider to the “Off” position.
- You could press the Home button to exit the Settings menu.
Is there another way to do it? Of course, just read these instructions.
1. Try triple-clicking the Home button.
2. See whether it’s working, if it is, you can change what a triple-click does via Settings => General => Accessibility => Triple-Click Home.
a. You can change the Back Tap to turn the Apple logo on the back into a secret button.
i. The logo can be programmed to take a screenshot when you double-tap it.
ii. It can launch Shazam when you triple-tap it.
iii. You can also set up a Siri shortcut to use as the double or triple tap.
Read More: How to use Live Text iOS 15
If you want to know how to turn off tapping on your iPhone back, here are the tips.
- Go to Settings.
- Choose Accessibility.
- Select Touch and Back Tap
- Tap Double-Tap or Triple-Tap.
- Choose an action.
Other tips if you want to turn off double clicks on iOS 14. How? Here are the steps
- Go to Settings.
- Select Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Tap the Double-Click Side Button.
- Then it will be off.
The last tip is what is written below.
First go to Settings => Accessibility => Touch => Back Tap, choose Double Tap or Triple Tap, then tap None.
As you can see, how to turn off double tap on the back of an iPhone can be done in several ways. You could choose one that is suitable for your iPhone, just remember that you have to follow the instructions so that it can be done. Good luck and happy turn off your phone double tap!